Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Plate Lickers - An Investment Seminar Tale

I do seminars as part of my marketing strategy.  We strive to provide our customers and prospective customers with a memorable experience.  I've noticed recently that some repeat offenders have taken my hospitality as a public service to feed them every month.  Don't they know that I have only invited them so that they can meet me and see that I am a good guy so that they will move their account to me?
Whoa cowboy - my thoughts and emotions go there so easily.  I met with a retiree from one of my recent seminars to hear his "story".  It was remarkable.  He is a veteran of the Vietnam War and retired early because of his disciplined saving strategy.  He and his significant other doesn't have much, but they do okay.  He is able to winter in Florida and summer in Michigan. Vic is a collector of vintage hotrods and sells one every once in a while to finance some new venture.  He was a treat to talk with.  He doesn't need financial planning because he doesn't have much in money, but he is rich in history, nostalgia, and cats (he has 4).  His outlook was a refreshing reminder that I manage expectations as well as people's money.  I look forward to getting to know Vic a little better.  To learn more about my services - please visit http://ameripriseadvisors.com/james.w.mewborn/?BNR=socl%5Fid%D23709%26vend%5Fcd%3DALA%26offer%5Fid%3D1315

No comments:

Post a Comment